The Australian Institute of Tropical Health and Medicine at James Cook University is pleased to announce the appointment of former Senator for Queensland the Honourable Jan McLucas as a new Board Director.
AITHM Board Chairman, the Honourable Dr Michael Wooldridge officially welcomed her to the Advisory Board at the AITHM Board Meeting held in Cairns recently.
Dr Wooldridge said that Ms McLucas brings a wealth of experience in health leadership, governance and expertise that will assist in driving the strategic direction of AITHM.
Ms McLucas has had a distinguished career of over 16 years in the Senate including extensive work in the health and social services portfolios both in government and opposition.
“She will join a group of talented people who have made, and continue to make a positive impact on the research and direction of AITHM.
“The breadth of experience and expertise of the AITHM Board will enhance the reputation of AITHM as an emerging leader in tropical health and medicine,” Mr Wooldridge said.
AITHM welcomes Ms McLucas to the Board, and congratulates her on the appointment.
AITHM Board Members are:
- The Hon. Dr Michael Wooldridge, Independent Chair, Wooldridge Consulting (Chair)
- Professor Louis Schofield, Director, AITHM – ex officio member
- Professor Chris Cocklin, Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor, JCU
- Professor Ian Wronski, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Division of Tropical Health and Medicine, JCU
- Dr Jim Thompson, Chief Biosecurity Officer, Biosecurity Queensland
- Dr Peter Bristow, Chief Executive, Townsville Hospital and Health Service
- Ms Julie Hartley-Jones, Chief Executive, Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
- Dr Mark Wenitong, Independent Board Director
- Professor Zee Upton, Independent Board Director
- Mr Tony Wood, Independent Board Director
- Ms Jan McLucas, Independent Board Director