Hugh Kearns from Thinkwell will be presenting the workshop “The Strategic Researcher” in Townsville on Thursday 13 July at 9:30am.
Overview: Are you seeking a research grant, but aren’t sure how to approach it strategically? Or, despite obtaining the grant and getting the research done, do you find it hard to achieve the desired publication outputs? And if you do publish, how strategic are you about it? Do you just do the next paper on the list or do you think about which one will help with your next grant, or be read by more people, or have the greatest impact? Then in relation to the team you work in, are you being as productive as possible? For example, are you using all team members or colleagues in a way that increases your publication output as well as theirs? And finally, do you use your limited resources (e.g. statisticians, senior researchers, editors, etc.) in the most effective way possible?
This workshop is ideally suited for research teams, collaborators or co-authors, although all researchers will find it useful.
The workshop will look at:
- Managing your time in a busy research environment
- Publishing strategically
- Linking publications to grants
- Using the team (or others) to increase publication productivity
- Keeping track of publications to increase motivation and accountability
- Managing your publication ‘resources’ for maximum output
- Attributes of a successful (and highly productive) research leader/team
When: Thursday 13 July at 9:30am to 12:00pm
Where: The Science Place, 142-111
Registration not required.
Please note that this workshop will not be video linked or recorded.
Feel free to forward to anyone you think may be interested in attending.