**TIP: To complete the request and details form, please download the pdf and enter the details as required.
To request AITHM to host a guest speaker in the 2018 AITHM Seminar Series, please follow these steps:
- AITHM Researcher completes the INITIAL FORM – seminar request (attached)
- AITHM Researcher sends completed initial form to email@example.com to review the budget, room availability/ dates of other seminars etc, and approve or reject the request
- AITHM Researcher formally invites the speaker
- AITHM Researcher completes the DETAILS FORM – seminar details (attached) with the speaker (for flights, session information etc.)
- AITHM Communications team promotes the seminar by – adding to the AITHM website and advertising on social media (facebook, twitter), emailing the whole of DTHM (initial and reminders)
- AITHM supports the seminar by – booking the flight and accommodation (the speaker DOES NOT DO THIS) and providing this to both you and the speaker, making the room booking, booking video link to sites required
- AITHM Researcher greets the speaker, host them while on campus, introduces them, make sure all the IT equipment is prepared and working in the room for the session
- AITHM Researcher takes photos of the session for selective use online, in the AITHM newsletter, and Annual Report.
- AITHM Researcher thanks the speaker and do any written formal thank you and follow up
- AITHM Researcher provides key KPI statistics (below)
NOTE: AITHM has calico bags, presentation folders, pens and annual reports you may wish to give to the speaker at the end of the presentation – see AITHM admin/ comms team for this.
- How many people attended?
- What meetings, discussions or networking activity was a result of this visit?
- As the host researcher, can you please share a quote about the seminar, the topic, the speaker or the key take home point form the session?
- AITHM aims to spread the seminars out across the year (both timing and theme/topic) – see AITHM events on the webpage for upcoming confirmed sessions.
- AITHM aims to promote a mix of established and upcoming researchers
- In 2018, AITHM aims to increase female speakers
- AITHM has a budget for networking to help build collaborations, please be reasonable with requests/ expenses